Friday, 25 February 2011

first time

Well this is my first Blog. It is the last day of half term and i am still working on getting my website correctly working. It is so hard when my computer knowledge is so poor, however it will come good eventually. I took January off to re-evaluate life but have discovered that it takes longer than one month to really achieve a complete overhaul. So I have put certain aspects of my life into focus, firstly my fitness and secondly my direction in work. I have found it hard to prioritise but will start with these two things and see how it goes.
The biggest problem has been painting all day one is sitting down and then all the other jobs in the house and mum jobs are all done in a frenetic spasm at the end of the day leaving little time for keep fit. So i have been trying to organise my day to fit the 'fit' in, so far organising this is a bit unorganised but I think I have sorted out a rough routine. The thing for me to realise is that i will never be in a routine so now i know this I can have a hit list of things to do in a day and tick them off as they get done and they can be in any order at all. This seems to work. Work direction has been tricky, being a painter is not the most profitable business to be in so attending to this is my priority, also doing this without compromising the art. My plan is to concentrate on cards and see how this pans out. So today i have delivered paintings and prints to a friend to deliver to the Baron Art Gallery in Holt, I have been to the gym and am now going to take my son to a party and visit the printers with my cartoon card designs, it's a start.

4 comments:

  1. Blogging is great fun :) Hope you had a good day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel - working from home and studying art revolves around the seated position. I think a long walk every day before starting is good for the mind, body and spirit. Sometimes it's too hard to go to a gym but for nature lovers a walk doesn't feel so much like exercise

    ReplyDelete
  3. And well done you for putting the time in to connect your art with technology - it is the way to network and move forward. We are all teaching ourselves so it's a learn as you go process, frustrating at times - but wonderful when it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good walk yes, and get the bike out when the weather improves. I achieved the visit to the printers for the cards, so all is well today.

    ReplyDelete