Monday, 9 April 2012

busy busy busy

Well now, it seems it is impossible for me to find enough time to blog regularly but after a day of updating the website and store I thought perhaps a blog to complete the day.
 I have had one of the busiest springs ever, first with a trade stand at Top Drawer; then Will my youngest having an emergency appendectomy (which meant that both of us had a scary week in hospital but thankfully he is all better); then lots of teaching home and away and then a stand at Country living.
 I managed to squiff my back in the middle of all this, which left me, temporally I might add, with a very strange 'Mrs Apron' way of walking. I had hoped this would enlighten me as to which direction in life I should take, the back sorted that decision and I have decided not to do any shows that require heavy lifting. I am, despite the previous decision, taking part in the Patchings Art Festival which was such fun last year that I felt it was too good to miss, if you have never been then you must go. www.patchingsartcentre.co.uk.
Too many things are happening at present, it's been akin to heading down an icy slope in very slippery slippers and I find myself feeling quite out of touch thanks to my teenage boys. The house rocks with Charlie's electric dance and Will's acoustic guitar and singing and I have been juggling work and housewifey duties, it is a wonder that I get any painting done at all; I feel that my work should be moving in a more abstract direction to complement the mayhem. However, though my boys don't paint they have certainly inherited the artistic spirit, resulting in a very spirited household environment the influence of which I have yet to be capture in colour.  
Will and I have been attending Life classes, we have both really enjoyed them and surprised ourselves with the results, it has been great to share an interest and I hope to keep him interested in art despite the music.
We all had a day in london this weekend, visiting Columbia road flower market, soo amazing, I bought 5 bunches of flowers for £20!!! I can't possibly paint them all but will try very hard. We then went onto Brick lane, where I bought a gorgeous vintage silk scarf and a jacket for Will. Finally off to the portrait gallery and then cakes and tea at Patisserie Valerie. All in all a good day out and off!

I hope to create some new how to videos this year, so any budding filmmakers keen to work with me, do get in touch. I am keen to bring the dvd's up to date and make them a bit more lively, as am very worried the dvd's I have done in the past make good sleeping aids.
Next and most important job to do is to write the next book on painting tips, I have been gathering material for this job for a couple of years and now need to get on with the job of collating all into the book. I had thought this would be easy but finding time is tricky, any tips on that should be included in the book I think.So nothing appears to be slowing down. However, not all is as I paint it, as my lovely, lovely husband does most of the cooking so that is a great time saver.
The Society of Botanical Artists anual show is this month see my website for details. One painter to look out for is Julia Trickey, she is fab. I will be there on the last saturday in the afternoon demonstrating painting, so if you get a chance to come along I will see you there, that is if the back holds out.

3 comments:

  1. You are a lucky lady, Mrs Busy-Bee! Sounds like lots of fun at your house. Except for the hurt back business. Have you tried osteopathy? It's miraculous. Keep well and keep blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Osteopath tomorrow, have been once,and need further assistance but hopeful. How goes the next assignment?

    ReplyDelete