Sunday, 4 January 2015

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Christmas card 2014 copyright billyshowell

I wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
At this time of year the Cook/Showell household is a buzz with last minute 'finishing off jobs.' My hubby Simon and I are manically painting some decorative pieces for a commission; we have to paint 3 huge Chinese ancestors and a large Chinese cabinet, it's not just flowers that get painted around here. The work has been ongoing since September but we are now on the last push before the delivery date. Every year there is always something that is required in time for Christmas so the Cook household juggles around it all.

All in all it has been a busy and we are delighted that so many students have joined the on line classes and had fun doing so; we are constantly looking to improve the site and this year will see new ideas and tweaks.

My new Classes start after February so as to hopefully allow me some time to paint and to avoid the worst of the weather, 
 fingers crossed. If you are keen to join the classes in Tunbridge Wells then do drop me a line and I can send you the details. 

I leave you with one of my favourite little cake recipes which I make for my students at class and my Christmas card illustration and of course I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New year.

Billy's little Apple Fairy cakes

I use little muffin cases you will need about 12-16 cases for this quantity
Mix together in a mixer
8oz /225grams gluten free self-raising flour (or ordinary flour if you prefer)
6oz/170 grams baking margarine or butter
7oz/200 grams caster sugar
4 small eggs or 3 large
1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 level teaspoon of baking powder

Stir in
2 tablespoons of natural yogurt or cream if you prefer
2 large cooking apples peeled and chopped into small pieces
Dived the mixture between the cases
Bake for 20 minutes in a medium oven on the middle shelf
I use 160 degrees (310 Fahrenheit) in a fan oven (gas mark 2-3)
Leave to cool then dust with icing sugar or decorate with butter icing.
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah that’s quite a great recipe and wishing you too (though I am little late). I was wondering if we can get variation of these recipes in normal events too. My cousin do event management and asked my help in couple of her events, so was wondering on how I can help her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vary it as you wish you could add fruit or choc chips the choice is yours x

      Delete